REACH VISION AND GOALS STATEMENT
Every Regina citizen has a right to safe, nutritious,culturally acceptable, and affordable food, and the opportunity to obtain it through non-emergency sources.
1. To reduce child hunger and malnutrition by supporting organizations that feed and educate children.
2. To develop and support secure food sources for every Regina citizen.
3. To educate by developing and providing nutritional and health information.
4. To advocate on behalf of hungry and malnourished persons.
5. To lead, co-operate and partner with like-minded persons and agencies.
REACH (Regina Education & Action on Child Hunger) is a nonprofit, charitable organization, governed by a community-based membership and board of directors.
REACH is the largest community-based child nutrition program in Regina and we work with schools, day cares, and other child-serving groups to ensure that every single child in our community has an opportunity to receive a healthy diet, and the food-related learning opportunities which will help prepare them for a healthy, happy and independent adulthood.
REACH also works with our many partners to provide seniors, shut-ins, healthcare clients, social assistance recipient families, young families, and others, with easy access to safe, nutritious and affordable food through our healthy food programs.