Our mandate is:
• To provide children in low income communities with nutritious food.
• To provide children with examples of healthy lunches and snacks, and good eating and nutritional habits.
• To encourage children to attend school with a positive outlook for the day.
• To develop a sense of community.
• To raise awareness of the issue of child hunger within the larger community.
• To generate financial support and volunteers for Regina Food for Learning.
RFFL currently provides lunches in 5 locations and snacks in 4 locations and breakfast in 1 location.
• An average of 11,150 snacks, lunches or breakfasts are served to 935 children on a monthly basis.
• Five of the snack/lunch programs are considered universal (meaning that every student in the school receives a snack/lunch regardless of need, which can reduce the stigmatization of the children in need).
What People Are Saying
"Sincere thanks for the generous support your program offers to Shirley Schneider Support Centre. We would be hard-pressed to exist as we do without it."
— Director, SSSC: a program for teen parents