Restoring Hope Ministries (RHM) is a non profit, faith based, volunteer-driven organization that fills the needs of the homeless youth in the Ottawa area.
Guided by the Biblical principle of "loving our neighbours", the mission of RHM is to provide physical, spiritual, emotional and mental supports for the complex needs of youth experiencing homelessness in Ottawa.
We currently assist young men and women between the ages of 16 to 24. We operate as a minimal-barrier structure without formal intake process which allows youth to access the our services even if they have lost ID or are otherwise in distress.
Restoring Hope provides….
- Emergency shelter providing a safe place to rest for the night
- Healthy meals and snacks
- Clean socks, toiletries and other necessities
- Connections to resources within the city which help them with finding housing, finishing school, and obtaining help for addictions and mental health problems
- Respect, self worth, sense of belonging and above all else HOPE!
Combining Our Resources Effectively (C.O.R.E) program is our new, bilingual, not-for-profit program created to address the gaps in our current health care system, related to substance abuse and addiction.
Did you know...
- Average wait time for rehab is 2-4 months
- Youth must detox before entering rehab
We provide support, resources, love, respect and hope into their lives. We help youth maintain focus while they are awaiting entry into a detoxification or withdrawal program and/or advocate for their entry.
We encourage the youth to develop their resources (strengths, talents, self-image and self-esteem etc.)
Thank you for joining us in this ministry!