A world free of oppression and violence for all women and children.
Sandgate Women’s Shelter of York Region Inc. is a feminist organization, dedicated to empowering all persons who identify as women and their children through safe shelter, resources, information and advocacy in order to eliminate violence in their lives.
Our services are all free, confidential and voluntary and include:
- a 24-hour emergency helpline offering crisis counselling
- a 30-bed emergency shelter program
- transitional, housing and legal support
- second-stage housing apartments
- community outreach programs
- Let’s Talk program for children who have witnessed violence
- volunteer programs
What People Are Saying
"I finally feel confident and secure in moving forward and starting a new life for myself and my children."
"I felt so supported, so cared about and so important."
"Your love and support has given me the strength to move forward."