The Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre is an Aboriginal Theological and Ministry Training Program of the United Church of Canada that prepares Aboriginal people for lay and ordered ministry by affirming a style of leadership appropriate to Aboriginal culture and Aboriginal church experience; and developing and testing curricula and models to uphold this style of learning including theological education by extension programs. The Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre provides cross-cultural and spiritual awareness for the larger community.
The Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre was created in 2011 when two sister schools amalgamated. The Dr. Jessie Saulteaux Resource Centre and the Francis Sandy Theological Centre became one school.
Your generous contributions to the Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre help:
- Train Indigenous women and men for leadership roles in the church and their communities
- Provide a learning setting that honours traditional Indigenous cultures and teaches the liberating gospel of Jesus
- Offer a space for groups and individuals who desire time on the land for retreat or reflection
- Honour and carry out traditional ceremonies
- Promote right relations through cross-cultural healing and learning events