The Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre is a place of spirit where both Indigenous and Christian spiritual beliefs are respected, shared and understood.
We are a non-profit organization involved in theological and cross-cultural training. “The Earth is Our Faculty” describes our orientation in education. The earth produces our language, our elders read the lessons of the earth and create our cultures. We have lived well for many millennia in this land.
As an Indigenous Theological and Ministry Training Program of the United Church of Canada, we prepare Indigenous people for lay and ordered ministry by affirming a style of leadership appropriate to Indigenous culture and Indigenous church experience.
As a leader in cross-cultural education we host gatherings for the wider community to deepen understanding of Indigenous cultures, build bridges of friendship and reconciliation and connect with land and ceremony.
The Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre was created in 2011 when two sister schools amalgamated. The Dr. Jessie Saulteaux Resource Centre and the Francis Sandy Theological Centre became one school.
Your generous contributions to the Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre help:
- Train Indigenous women and men for leadership roles in the church and their communities
- Provide a learning setting that honours traditional Indigenous cultures and teaches the liberating gospel of Jesus
- Offer a space for groups and individuals who desire time on the land for retreat or reflection
- Honour and carry out traditional ceremonies
- Promote right relations through cross-cultural healing and learning events