The mission of Saskatoon Pets in the Park is to raise funds for the medical needs of homeless, sick and injured companion animals under the care of the three founding charities: New Hope Dog Rescue, Saskatoon SPCA and SCAT Street Cat Rescue.
The means to accomplish this goal is through a major family summertime fundraising event, including pets of course. Pets in the Park is that event. There are many added benefits to an event such as this:
- nurture the love and compassion for companion animals in the Saskatoon community;
- create an opportunity for awareness of animal welfare issues and organizations;
- provide an opportunity for pets to learn and to expand on their socialization skills with other pets and pet families;
- pet families to increase their bond with their companion animals through a fun-filled day in the warm sun and a beautiful location;
- nurture co-operation among the three founding organizations who have animal welfare as a goal; and
- encourage members of the Saskatoon community to join the efforts to protect Saskatoon’s animals.
You can help!
Join us in our campaign to provide an animal-friendly city and a healthy and happy community for us all. Volunteer or donate today!
Kindness to animals creates a better world for us all!
Pets in the Park event is held on a Sunday in July from 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. in the Kiwanis Memorial Park South. Look for us by the Vimy Memorial Bandstand, Spadina Crescent, Saskatoon, SK.
Keep an eye out for our advertising and/or check out our FACEBOOK page: facebook.com/petsinthepark
About Saskatoon Pets in the Park Inc.
A non-profit organization since 2006, PIP is run by a volunteer committee comprised of several members of the Saskatoon business community who are dedicated to providing a humane and safe environment for Saskatoon's animals, as well as representatives from the three founding animal welfare agencies: New Hope Dog Rescue, SCAT Street Cat Rescue and the Saskatoon SPCA.
Primary Fundraiser: Annual Pets in the Park held on a July Sunday and includes music, food, demos, walkathon, trade booths and silent auction. A fun day in the park for the whole family including the family pet (on leash). Great opportunity for the pet to socialize with other pets and for pet parents to meet other pet parents.
It unites animal lovers, pet parents, city and government officials, business owners and the three animal welfare agencies, allowing them an opportunity to use their collective strengths for the benefit of animals.
“…it occurred to me that interest in and affection for the animals that share the planet with us may be a more unifying force than any other.” ....Nick Clooney, journalist, anchorman, TV host, politician, brother of singer Rosemary Clooney and father of actor George Clooney.