School District 69 (Qualicum) is centrally situated on east Vancouver Island and serves a student population of approximately 4000 students. There are eight elementary schools (Grades K-7), two secondary schools (Grades 8-12), an alternate school (PASS/Woodwinds) and a Distributed Learning program to support home-learning families called the Collaborative Education Alternative Program (CEAP). The district French Immersion program is available at Oceanside Elementary and Ballenas Secondary Schools.
Preparing today’s learners for tomorrow’s world.
The Qualicum School District is a dynamic, flexible learning community that:
• Provides personalized educational experiences that complement traditional disciplines and structures to honour the unique needs, strengths, interests and learning styles of our students;
• Maintains a learning environment that fosters the development of empathy, respect and social responsibility in our learners through strong partnerships between home, school and the broader community;
• Embraces a spirit of curiosity and a passion for lifelong learning that prepares our students to become educated citizens and challenges them to become informed, confident, and creative designers of their own future;
• Is committed to weaving Indigenous learning throughout the educational experiences of all learners; and,
• Brings a trauma-informed lens to the work that we do with learners.