We couldn’t do it without you!
A photographic visual arts centre is a tough business. SPAO would not be able to provide the full range of quality programming -- if it depended on class tuition alone.
All exhibitions, events and special programming are offered thanks to donations like yours. This means that your $1,200 Brick donation could help us host exhibitions and public artist talks from renowned artists; your donation could help provide a bursary to someone who couldn’t otherwise envision attending a diploma program; and so much more.
SPAO is your independent, charitable, not-for-profit photographic visual arts centre that:
- Is home to the only two-year Photographic Arts Diploma in Canada,
- Offers the unique six-month International Artist Residency,
- Offers numerous evening and weekend part-time classes,
- Houses the only independent and critical gallery in the region dedicated to lens-based art,
- Provides the most well-appointed darkroom in the region, and
- Is dedicated to preserving access to traditional, historic and alternative processes of photography.
Our mission to you is to cultivate a community of distinct artistic vision, critical dialogue and technical expertise in the photographic arts through exhibition, partnerships and education.
Your gift provides for the future of the SPAO community.
What People Are Saying
"Thanks for shining a light on the wonderful art of photography"
— Brian W.