Swami Vivekananda Medical Mission (SVMM) was started in 2002 in Attappady, a remote hill tribal area, in the province of Kerala, in India. It has been doing pioneering work in the areas of
3. Tribal Empowerment
With humble beginnings in 2002, Medical Camps were organised in remote tribal villages initially. Later on an OP with dispensary was started in Agali in an old building in June 2003. In order to provide organised services to the poor, a charitable trust was registered in September 2004. A hospital building was constructed and opened on 5TH June 2006.
Following are some of their accomplishments and milestones over the years
- Village Health Work Project was started in 2008.
- Community Mental Health Project was inaugurated on 23rd November 2009.
- New Mobile Medical Van was donated by HPCL on 2nd February 2010.
- Ayurveda OP in collaboration with AryaVaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore) Started on 22nd September 2010.
- Ultra sound scanning machine was donated by Cognizant Foundation on 6th April 2011.
- Sickle Cell disease Care Centre was inaugurated on 26TH January 2012.
- Hospital was approved as DMC and DOTS centre under National TB Programme from July 2012.
- Since 2010, Providing treatment to the members of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) - a Central Government Insurance Scheme.
- De-addiction project was started in April 2012.
- Dental clinic was inaugurated on 4th April 2015.
- X ray was inaugurated on 12th July 2015
- Operation theatre, labour room , ICU, New born ICU, new wards were inaugurated on 18th September 2015 by Sri Pon Radhakrishnan , Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Roads, Transport and Shipping.
- Additional wards, labour room and operation theatre inaugurated on 18th September 2015
- Balachandran Smaraka Janavaibhava Kendram ( Skill Development Centre) was inaugurated on 18th October 2015
- Vivekananda Janasevanakendram was inaugurated at Sholayur on 3rd July 2018. This centre provides computer training to Tribal youth in the area and a resource centre for self-development.
All of these activities at SVMM are run through donations from generous donors. Sewa Canada International has partnered with SVMM to support their work in various areas specifically medical aid for the needy in Attapady, Kerala, india.
For more details of the work undertaken by SVMM in pictures, please visit http://www.missionvivekananda.org/photos.html
Your donation to Sewa Canada International Aid Inc, a registered charity in Canada, will support SVMM to continue providing medical aid & relief to the needy through their hospital and related support services.
All donations will receive a tax receipt are tax deductible in Canada.