The Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region is a community based, social profit organization. We provide services and support to people and their families who have experienced sexual violence.
We employ a feminist analysis in our work which recognizes systemic structures that promote sexual violence. We affirm our collective power to create social change and transform systems which victimize members of society.
About Our Charity
The Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region supports, in a non-judgmental way, those who have been sexually assaulted as children or as adults by providing free of charge:
- a 24-hour support line maintained by volunteers trained to respond to the needs of those who have been sexually assaulted and/or those who support them (i.e., friends/relatives)
- counselling and advocacy (individual and group support)
- information and referrals
- accompaniments to court, hospital, police station and other hearings or appointments
- subsidies for childcare and transportation to ensure accessibility to the above services
- emergency practical assistance
Our support is individualized. We provide services that are adaptable and responsive to the special needs of individuals and their families.
Our services are confidential.