We support survivors of sexual violence. We listen, facilitate healing, and celebrate resiliency. Using an intersectional feminist approach, we work to transform systems which promote gender-based violence.
About Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
The Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region supports, in a non-judgmental way, those who have been sexually assaulted as children or as adults by providing free of charge:
- a 24-hour support line maintained by volunteers trained to respond to the needs of those who have been sexually assaulted and/or those who support them (i.e., friends/relatives)
- counselling and advocacy (individual and group support)
- information and referrals
- accompaniments to court, hospital, police station and other hearings or appointments
- subsidies for childcare and transportation to ensure accessibility to the above services
- emergency practical assistance
Our support is individualized. We provide services that are adaptable and responsive to the special needs of individuals and their families.
Our services are confidential.
What People Are Saying
"While hopeful for another chance, I was doubtful that my experience would differ much from what I had completed already...Finally, I don't feel rushed to heal...Instead I feel truly supported and held through the healing. It's incredibly freeing. "
— SASC Client, March 2017
"until you discover yourself needing the services provided by SASC, you cannot appreciate the life changing and empowering support they provide. recognition for those that make a difference."
— SASC Client, June 2017