We provide free services to children with developmental delays, behavioral concerns and special needs.
- Every cent we receive from you goes to helping provide more services to children and their families.
Why are we needed?
- In our small community we help over 500 children every year.
- 250 children are on our waitlists and they grow each year.
Why do we have waitlists?
- Our Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist are only funded for 15 hours/week each. Currently they have 178 Children on their Caseloads and 113 Children are waiting. With our limited hours, we struggle to see the children that need our help.
- Supported Child Development received funding to help 4.5 Children in full time child care. They have 109 Children on their Caseload and 69 Children are waiting. In order to stretch the funding, we assign multiple Children in part time child care 1 Program Assistant to support all of the Children at the same time.
Why do families need us?
- Most families raising a child with a diagnosis or developmental challenges can't afford the services needed; such as physiotherapy or occupational therapy.
- Children with extra needs are often turned away at child care facilities, without 1 on 1 support provided by us.
- Dealing with challenges at an early age can prevent more service needs later on