...to live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy.
About SOCIETY OF SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL WINDSOR ESSEX CENTRAL COUNCIL
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is dedicated to helping those less fortunate. With essential care and guidance, struggling families and individuals can build self-confidence and positive opportunity.
SSVP helps people replace a sense of despair with a sense of dignity.
- emergency food assistance
- personal contact with hose we serve
- visits to "shut-ins" and the sick
- visits and friendship to the incarcerated
- summer camp sponsorship for needy children
- vouchers for clothing and household goods in our resale stores
- aid to victims of natural disasters
- prayers for the poor, the outcast, the marginalized
- serving everyone, regardless of race, creed, gender, opinion or age
Since its inception in 1896, SSVP Windsor Essex has provided assistance to hundreds of thousands of our neighbours and friends. We continue to follow the example of our founders by working with humility and respect as we serve the poor, bearing witness to the love of God for all people.