Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Shore is committed to enriching our community by providing quality mentoring programs for children and youth in Lunenburg and Queens Counties.
- Big/Little Matches: Matching a screened adult volunteer with a child 6 to 16 years of age in need of an additional adult role model in his or her life.
- Couples for Kids: Matching a screened adult couple with a child 6 to 16 years of age in need of additional adult role models in his or her life.
- In-School Mentoring: Matching an elementary school student (Mentee) with a screened adult volunteer (Mentor) for one hour a week during school hours at the school.
- Group Activities: Little Brothers and Sisters get together with our staff and screened volunteers for fun & educational activities.
- Kids N’ Kops: A week-long mini “Police Academy”, with police officer volunteers from the Bridgewater Police Service and RCMP made possible with funding from funding from United Way Lunenburg County, that includes a fun recreational component for kids enrolled with Big Brothers Big Sisters.