To be recognized as a community champion of equality, collaboration, and inspiration.
Build Connections. Strengthen Community. Transform Lives.
We are committed to:
- intellectual freedom, and access to knowledge for all;
- treating everyone with dignity, respect, courtesy and compassion;
- providing quality service without bias;
- encouraging innovation and personal development;
- recognizing and valuing the contributions of staff and volunteers;
- appreciating and responding to the diversity of our community.
Strategic Directions for 2019-2023
Based on the recommendation of the Library’s Community Planning Committee, SGPL’s Plan of Service will focus on three strategic directions for the 2019-2023 time period:
Visit a Comfortable Place: Community members of all ages will have barrier-free access to welcoming physical and virtual spaces.
Practice and Promote Inclusion: Community members of all ages will have programs and services that embrace diversity through acceptance, appreciation, and recognition of all people in our community.
Encourage Literacy: Community members of all ages will have programs and services that provide opportunity for life-long learning while helping them make sense of the world in a variety of ways.
A focus on these strategic directions will enable SGPL to respond to community needs at a standard of excellence.