St. Ignatius is the pride of the community and a reflection of the efforts of a committed community that started building this church in 1949 and completed it in 1965. It is worth noting that this church was built with only hand tools by experienced local craftsmen and with the combined efforts of every available man, woman and child. As well as serving a functional role as a strong support to the structure, the pillars and arches of the church are aesthetically beautiful and appealing, giving the interior of the church the majestic look of a cathedral. The whole community also played a role in the fundraising for this impressive church. Indeed, everyone who supported this cause from 1949 to the present day, are truly the pillars and arches of our wonderful community spirit which is alive and well.
The “Pillars and Arches Preservation” involves focused ongoing efforts to preserve this monumental structure vital to maintaining our community story for future generations. The fund will be used strictly for maintenance and the preservation of the building and grounds. To reach our goals, there are many major projects ongoing.