About Story Book Farm Primate Sanctuary
Story Book Farm Primate Sanctuary is a sanctuary in Ontario which provides a permanent home for primates retiring from biomedical research, zoos, universities, pet stores, and private residences.
At Story Book Farm we believe all animals have rights: that animals have the right to live free of ear or pain from humans in any form and, that we can all make a difference, one being at a time.
Currently, we are home to 18 monkeys who come to us for peace and solace from a variety of backgrounds, some of them with stories difficult even to share, let alone survive.
We are supported by private donations and a solid base of volunteers, who have a combined experience in primate care and husbandry of over 100 years.
We appreciate each and every individual who support our residents.
Story Book Farm is a place of safety. We offer freedom from fear. We are a place of healing and recovery from trauma.
What we do
- Advocate on behalf of primates who do not have a voice of their own.
- Help prevent cruelty to animals through the operation of a primate sanctuary.
- Educate the public about primates through presentations to schools, community organizations, and community events.
- Educate the public about the need to respect all animals.
- Encourage friendships between our residents, encourage exploration and freedom of choice.
- Give back the ability to make decisions and control events that affect residents' lives.