The Sudbury Horticultural Society is dedicated to the beautification of the Sudbury region and the preservation of our environment.
About SUDBURY HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY
The Objectives of a Horticultural Society are to encourage interest and improvements in Horticulture;
- by holding meetings respecting the theory and practice of horticulture
- by encouraging the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers on public and private grounds
- by promoting balcony and community gardening and outdoor beautification
- by arranging field trips, contests, competitions and exhibitions related to horticulture and awarding prizes
- by distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, trees and shrubs
- by promoting the protection of the environment
- by promoting the circulation of horticultural information through any media
- by promoting the benefits of therapeutic horticulture
- by stimulating an interest in the study of horticulture.