2nd Annual Turnbull Matching Gift Campaign
Dec 1– Jan 31, 2019*
Make the most of your holiday gift!
Surrey Libraries gratefully acknowledges the support of Turnbull Construction Project Managers, who for the second year in a row have agreed to match - dollar for dollar - your personal gift to Read to Baby. We are aiming to raise $2,500 through personal donations to reach our goal of $5,000 for the 2018 Turnbull Matching Gift Campaign.
Be sure to take advantage of this exciting chance to have your generosity matched and double the impact of your donation.
Matching Gift Qualifying Details:*
- The Turnbull Matching Gift Campaign specifically supports the Read to Baby program.
- Gifts must be personal donations of $26.00 or more made to the Read to Baby program.
- Gifts must be received by Surrey Libraries between Dec 1–Jan 31, 2019.
- Gifts can be made online at CanadaHelps.org or at Surrey Libraries branches.
- Pledged gifts made to the Read to Baby program on dates that fall outside of the Matching Gift Campaign dates do not qualify for matching.
- Corporate gifts do not qualify for matching.
If you have any questions about the Turnbull Matching Gift Campaign please email Cyndy Hill, Director of Development at CAhill@surrey.ca
About the Read to Baby Program
Results from UBC’s Human Early Learning Partnership (H.E.L.P) shows that 34% of Surrey’s children entering Kindergarten are not ready to learn. Read to Baby (R2B) is a family literacy initiative launched by Surrey Libraries in 2014 to respond to this urgent need in our community. It introduces parents of newborns to the benefits of early and frequent reading to infants, all provided in a beautiful keepsake kit.
The kit features a baby board book, music CD, information to teach parents how to build the pre-literacy skills a baby needs, and information on the FREE services available at libraries.
To learn more about this early literacy program - check our website