Malvern Eats is a grass root multi-agency collaboration comprising TAIBU Community Health Centre, 1LOVE Malvern, Toronto Police 42 Division, Malvern Food Bank Toronto East SDA and the Muslim Welfare Centre.
Malvern Eats was developed to reduce the marginalization of low-income residents in the Malvern Neighborhood who frequent food banks and other food support programs.
Food has the power to build vibrant communities by helping bridge social gaps and reduce isolation and stigma.
Every Thursday, dedicated staff and community volunteers serve healthy and delicious meals with warmth and compassion to over 150 guests. They are also provided with opportunities to socialize, learn about various resources and programs available in the community.
Between March and August 2016:
- Malvern Eats has served over 4500 meals
- Between 175-220 residents access meals every week
- Raised over $ 18,000 through community and local business donors
- Approximately 24 volunteers participate on a weekly basis
- Over 3,500 volunteer hours have been spent.
You can take part in this great initiative by making donations towards Malvern Eats. To Sponsor a Malvern Eats day you can donate $650.
For more information you can contact Tony Jno Baptiste, Program Manager at 416 644 3539 (236) or firstname.lastname@example.org