- To foster and encourage public awareness of and interest in the performing arts
- To increase public accessibility to the performing arts
- To publish information and material of interest to the public relating to the performing arts
- To receive, acquire and hold fits, donations, legacies and devises
- To provide facilities for eduction and instruction in the performing arts
About Our Charity
Donations to P.A.I.S. support the valuable programs of The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA). Programs include:
hipTIX — Offering $5 theatre, dance and opera tickets to students ages 14-29.
citySPECIAL — Providing free theatre, dance and opera tickets to newcomers, at-risk youth and marginalized individuals.
THE DORA MAVOR MOORE AWARDS — Celebrating excellence on Toronto stages in professional theatre, dance and opera with 48 awards in six divisions.
SpaceFinder Toronto — A searchable online database of venues and spaces to serve members of the arts community.
TOnight — An innovative app that brings up-to-date information about what's on stage in Toronto to the consumer's mobile device; the app features geo-locating and a virtual theatre map.
TRIP — Travel retreat initiatives program providing TAPA member organizations assistance with travel and touring-related costs.
TAPA supports 201 theatre, dance and opera organizations in Toronto in addition to a wide variety of performing arts practitioners. Your donation to this valuable organization supports Toronto's theatre, dance and opera community — and is greatly appreciated.