Our Mission and Vision
Armenian Relief Society (A.R.S.) is an independent, non-governmental and non-sectarian organization which serves the humanitarian needs of the Armenian people and seeks to preserve the cultural identity of the Armenian nation. It mobilizes communities to advance the goals of all sectors of humanity.
Through its vast network of hundreds of thousands of dedicated volunteers and members, 220 chapters that operate in over 27 regions, A.R.S. has had the privilege to be on the front lines of leading our communities towards our collective goals. It plays an active role in providing resources and opportunities to the masses and through its exemplary rank, it pushes its members to serve their nation with total dedication offering the Armenian people and non-Armenians their time, energy, and talents in pursuit of their sacred mission.
The most important character trait of the A.R.S. is its ability to unify general humanitarian aims with commitment to national service. It has always been receptive to the calls of the growing changes and diversity in the vital needs of society, remaining alert and steadfast with its mighty volunteer army.
As an international, humanitarian, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the A.R.S. also advocates for human rights, social justice, self-determination, and civil society in the halls of the international arena as a member of the United Nations.
At the National level, the Armenian Relief Society of Canada relies of its 1200 members to achieve its objectives.
- To encourage high ethical standards and foster the spirit of good fellowship among A.R.S. members, chapters and regions
- To aid in the social, educational, health, and welfare efforts of the Armenian people
- To make special appropriations for food, medicine and clothing in the event of war, epidemics, or natural disaster, and to aid the disabled, the ill, the needy, prisoners of war and the exiled
- To establish and/or finance health, food distribution, and social service centers to serve Armenian communities
- To further the teaching of the Armenian language and culture; to establish and help finance Armenian schools and aid in efforts to perpetuate Armenian culture
- To give financial aid to deserving students in Armenian educational institutions
- To give financial aid to deserving undergraduate and graduate university students
- To support health, educational, and welfare programs dedicated to aid Armenian soldiers, the families of those who have volunteered for the Armenian Cause, needy Armenians known for their national accomplishments or outstanding public service and aid in the education of their children
- To promote the education of A.R.S. members and encourage their involvement in public service
- To encourage A.R.S. members to participate individually or collectively in the activities of community service organizations whose principles are compatible with those of the A.R.S.
- To cooperate with organizations with similar objectives
- To encourage and advocate human rights and social change in civil society around the world as a non-governmental organization
What People Are Saying
"The Armenian Relief Society of Canada is an exceptional women's organization that has been committed to its members and enjoys the love and confidence of the people. "
— Maro F.
"I have been an active member of A.R.S. since I joined in January 2005. I feel privileged to be a small part of this big organization that makes a difference in the lives of so many individuals around the world. "
— Iren T., volunteer member since 2005
"As a former member of the A.R.S. Regional Board of Canada, I express my gratitude for all the opportunities to learn, to develop, to serve, and attain inner satisfaction. This has been possible thanks to the A.R.S. Executive Board’s dedication to developing impactful programs in our Homeland. "
— Zepure A.
"Having had hands on experience with the Armenian Relief Society of Canada՚s Executive Board, I know of all the hard work and long hours each member donates, together with all the sacrifices that are made in order to achieve perfection and earn the excellent reputation the organization has acquired."
— Jojo B.
"I feel honored to have received the Armenian Relief Society Roubina Chapter Scholarship. Thank you! I feel a duty to continue in the organization’s footsteps in encouraging and inspiring the future generation. "
— Vani Y., Scholarship recipient
"It is with great pleasure and honor that I recently received your scholarship. ARS Canada provided me with a considerable moral boost; it only strengthens my decision and my will to pursue the beautiful field of medicine. I hope to make your organization proud!"
— Sevag T., Scholarship recipient
"I am thrilled to receive the ARS scholarship. As a microbiology student, I plan to end this year and transfer to the medical branch. With your support, my goal is a step closer. You have inspired me to be more useful to my community. I hope to help other Armenian students reach their goals."
— Shoghig T., Scholarship recipient
"I feel privileged to belong to an organization that has engaged tens of thousand of women with the shared objective of lending a hand to those in need. My deepest respect for those volunteers whose unwavering dedication continues to enhance communities worldwide. "
— Sylvie O., volunteer member since 2012