The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame recognizes and celebrates Canadian heroes whose work has advanced health, thereby inspiring the pursuit of careers in the health sciences
About the CANADIAN MEDICAL HALL OF FAME
HONOURING EXCELLENCE · PRESERVING HISTORY · INSPIRING GENERATIONS
The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF) recognizes & celebrates Canadian heroes whose work has advanced health, thereby inspiring the pursuit of careers in the health sciences.
Established in 1994, CMHF carries out its mission through:
- Annual Induction Ceremonies
- Laureate stories showcased on our website www.cdnmedhall.org & Exhibit Hall (Located in London, ON - temporarily closed, to reopen Fall 2020)
CMHF youth initiatives include:
- Discovery Days in Health Sciences – a national program that informs and inspires high school students across Canada about various health careers through keynote lectures, interactive workshops and career panel discussion.
- CMHF Award for Medical Students –an award to recognize medical students in each of Canada's 17 medical schools who are demonstrating outstanding potential as future leaders and innovators of health care in Canada. Supported by donors, award recipients receive a cash award and travel subsidy to attend our Induction Ceremony where they meet each other and personally connect with inspirational role models - the new Inductees and Laureates.
- Museum School – offered to London and area senior elementary students this innovative approach to education allows teachers to move their classroom into our Exhibit Hall for a full week of curriculum-based, experiential learning. Students learn about Canada’s medical heroes, meet local scientists working with the latest technology, and write their own story of discovery. The program schedule includes both off-site excursions and activities at CMHF.
What People Are Saying
"This is something the whole country can be proud of. It will show off our achievements and we hope it will inspire Canadians from coast to coast."
— J. Allyn Taylor, Founding Board Chair (1994 - 97)
"Very interesting to see information about many of the accomplished doctors in Canada."
— Comment from our Guest Book (Visitor from Lamont, Alberta)
"I feel so inspired and thankful to be in this building. Today I met future doctors, present doctors, professors, etc. It was truly amazing to be with such great minds and to hear their stories. I won't forget this day."
— Student participant, Discovery Days at the University of Manitoba
"Being able to manipulate human hearts and lungs was a very interesting experience. Being able to ask as many questions as we wanted was amazing. I loved this workshop! I loved this day!"
— Student participant, Discovery Days at McGill University, Montreal
" A very interesting exhibit , helpful staff and fasciniting explanations of some of the medical procedures and discoveries."
— Comment from our Guest Book (Visitor from Hertsfordshire, England )
"A facinating exhibit. Canadians have done much for our medical knowledge. Excellent initiative!"
— Comment from our Guest Book (Visitor from NSW, Australia)