The Couchiching Conservancy is a non-profit, non-government organization dedicated to protecting the natural features of the Couchiching Region for future generations.
About THE COUCHICHING CONSERVANCY
Since 1993, we have helped protect over 13,000 acres of special natural lands in central Ontario; north Simcoe County and Carden Township, City of Kawartha Lakes.
Properties and conservation easements have been donated to us by individuals with a great love for nature. We also manage properties owned by the Nature Conservancy of Canada and the Ontario Heritage Foundation.
Our goal is to protect natural lands by:
• accepting donations of significant lands to manage as nature reserves
• entering into conservation easements with willing owners to legally restrict future development
• working cooperatively with other organizations to acquire or manage ecological lands
• engaging private landowners and volunteers in positive conservation actions
• increasing local knowledge and awareness about natural heritage conservation