THE HOPE CENTRE: COMMUNITY RESOURCES IN ADVOCACY
Registered Name: THE HOPE CENTRE: COMMUNITY RESOURCES IN ADVOCACY
Business Number: 119290591RR0001
About This Charity
The Hope Centre is committed to assisting and strengthening our community by attending to the basic needs of its vulnerable citizens. We also advocate to change the social structures that create their poverty, homelessness, and compromised health and well being. This is achieved through the dedication of our staff, volunteers and available programs, which are designed to create positive opportunities and provide stability for those in need. To this end, we are committed to helping our community's disadvantaged citizens support themselves and their families and persevere with a sense of dignity and purpose.
About Our Charity
The centre serves residents of Welland, Pelham and Wainfleet. The following services, programs and supports are available at the Hope Centre/Hope House.
- 24 hour Emergency Shelter (The HOPE House)
- Hope Kitchen - Hot lunches served 5 days a week
- Food Bank (Hope Pantry)
- Housing Stablization Program – assist tenants in finding affordable housing, etc
- Adult drop in – morning fellowship
- Koats for Kids – donated winter apparel for children, youth & adults
- Christmas Baskets – Christmas food baskets given to individuals & families
- Volunteer Training/Leadership Development
- Utility Programs
- Food Co-operative
- Community Coach
- Literacy and Basic Skills
- Kacey-Lynn Fund – financial assistance to qualified families with sick kids to defray health expenses not covered by their health benefits.
- Jump Start- provides opportunities for children to play in sports & recreational activities (funded by Canadian Tire Foundation Families)
Find Out More About This Charity
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!