The Ontario Coalition of Rape Crisis Centres (OCRCC) works toward the prevention and eradication of sexual assault. The Coalition recognizes that violence against women is one of the strongest indicators of prevailing societal attitudes towards women. Our membership includes sexual assault centres from across of Ontario, offering counselling, information and support services to survivors of sexual violence, including adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and incest.
We represent approximately 80% of all sexual assault centres in Ontario.
About THE ONTARIO COALITION OF RAPE CRISIS CENTRES
The Ontario Coalition of Rape Crisis Centres (OCRCC) represents a network of autonomous rape crisis/sexual assault centres from all across Ontario.
Ontario sexual assault centres provide the following services in their communities:
- 24 hour crisis support to survivors of sexual violence and their support people
- Individual counselling to survivors of sexual violence and their support people
- Group counselling
- Public education on sexual and other forms of violence
- Information on the legal system, common responses to sexual violence, and strategies for coping
- Advocacy for survivors of violence
- Participation in community-based groups, networks and projects that address violence against women
Please contact OCRCC or any of our member Centres for more information!