For over 60 years, we’ve provided a safe place to land for people seeking compassionate support to address their greatest challenges. Our services offer a continuum of care that provides the "building blocks" to help clients regain their health, obtain shelter, build a foundation of recovery from addiction, access affordable housing, build employment skills, and rebuild their personal relationships.
Harbour Light is dedicated to the recognition of the dignity and worth of people, where God's love is demonstrated in a practical way through holistic programs that attend to the spiritual, social, physical and psychological well-being of the individual.
What We Do:
- Ten community meals each week, each serving 350-450 people
- Five days a week, our drop-in centre offers social activities, snacks, and outreach services
- Our year-round emergency shelters serve 100 men (24-hours), and 36 men and women (overnight). Our winter shelters offer an addition 70 beds from October through March.
- Men and women seeking to detox from drug use are provided with a safe, supportive environment, five meals a day, and referrals to long-term recovery programs.
- Our residential treatment program offers the foundation for long-term recovery from addiction
- Men reintegrating after federal sentencing are supported through our Community Residential Facility as they complete parole.
- Sunday services, bible study, and more are offered at our community church.
- Low-income, drug- and alcohol-free housing for adult men and women
What YOU Can Do:
You can support our mission in the downtown eastside of Vancouver and make a tangible difference in the lives of our guests and clients!
- Make a financial donation right here on CanadaHelps - for example, $10 buys 10 pairs of socks, $40 pays for one night in our treatment program, $2000 sponsors a community meal!
- Gather in-kind donations such as toiletries and socks and deliver them to our centre
- Volunteer with us in our community meals, drop-in, tax clinic, and beyond
- Help spread awareness of our services among your networks