Reel Asian is a registered non-profit and a charitable and cultural organization. Our vision is to champion the future of diverse storytelling in Canada by advocating Asian representation in the media arts. Every year, Reel Asian supports over 1300 youths in the GTA by providing access to Asian cinema from around the world and increasing their media literacy:
- During Asian Heritage Month, over 1,500 high school students in the GTA participate in a free Career in the Arts presentation.
- Every summer, Reel Asian provides Asian Canadian youth tuition-free training to make their first short films that will premiere in the November festival.
- At the annual Reel Asian Film Festival, all weekday screenings before 5 pm are FREE for students.
- Over 500 youths attend free workshop and film screenings as part of the November youth program.
- Over 140 youth volunteers gain hands-on experience in arts administration and festival management by helping festival and year-round events.
These efforts are possible only through the generosity of the community. We invite you to consider supporting Generasian Now today. Why?
It’s important and relevant.
Embracing diversity is a core Canadian value we celebrate by encouraging youth to understand how stories are told in this multicultural society. Be a part of the movement to educate and empower the future generation.
It creates opportunities.
Encouraging youth to go into the arts and providing career training for them creates real economic impact. According to the Ontario Media Development Corporation, Ontario’s film and TV industry created more than 35,000 jobs in 2016 and contributed $1.7 billion to Ontario’s economy.
Starting at just $20, you will be helping one student to attend a movie at the Reel Asian Film Festival and supporting the diverse artists who share their stories.
Make a one-time donation or monthly donation today by filling out the form below, and receive a full charitable tax receipt for your donation.
$20 funds one FREE ticket for a student or senior to attend a screening at Reel Asian Film Festival
$50 enables one Unsung Voices youth filmmaker to gain access to professional editing suite
$100 provides water and refreshments for volunteers for one day at the festival
$500 enables one filmmaker speaker to tour high schools to educate students about Career in the Arts
$800 allows a class of 40 high school students to attend a youth screening at the November festival for FREE
$1500 empowers a youth filmmaker to make his or her first short film with proper equipment support