An Interpretation Center for birds of prey, a flight towards the future and sustainability.
Contemplate birds of prey all year long. To open Chouette à voir! in all seasons, UQROP is asking for your donation to build in 2020, an interpretation centre innovative and ecologic.
- 1 500 m2 to warmly welcome and accommodate 50 000 visitors/year
- Will include multiple rooms like : permanent exhibit, temporary exhibit, discovery, multifunctional, winterizing , veterinary, giftshop and bathroom
- Will highlight provincial seasonal changes within the 4 ecosystems found on the grounds of Chouette à voir!
- A zero energy building zero carbon that will be the most energy-efficient building in Québec and Canada. A display of 3 green technologies never ever used in a building.
Chouette à voir!
- Is unique with the largest collection of live raptors in Québec
- Is combining rehabilitation of protected species and public education in Québec and Canada
- Is offering the chance to witness the release of rehabilitated raptors on the site (about 150 birds annually )
- Presents birds to the public in a natural amphitheater, exhibition aviaries and a rehabilitation aviary complex
- Marvel at the wonder the world of raptors offers and of the beautiful rustic landscape
- Offers 2.5 km of trails through 4 ecosystem environments within the largest protected wooded area in the region
- Partners with major environmental and recreational projects: buffer strips projects, access to the river and regional multifunctional trail.
Make a grant, allow Chouette à voir! makes its nest!