To meet unmet needs in Bruce and Grey Counties by mobilizing volunteer and financial resources in the common cause of caring.
About United Way of Bruce Grey
Mandate of the United Way
The United Way is an autonomous organization, which builds upon the strength of volunteers and voluntary action by engaging the whole community for the benefit of the whole community. Governed by a local Board of Directors along with other volunteers, staff and our donors, we help to build caring communities and respond to a broad range of human needs on a local scale.
What Your Donation Makes Possible
- improve lives locally by supporting your community through the United Way
- make a difference in the lives of individuals and families who are struggling with poverty and social exclusion
- give hope to at risk children and youth, isolated seniors, individuals with special needs or experiencing mental health issues, victims of abuse and families struggling to make ends meet
Your donation to the United Way will help fund programs and services offering life changing aid to over 50,000 vulnerable men, women, children and youth in Bruce-Grey. This aid comes in the form of
- urgent utility assistance
- emergency food supplies
- nutritious meals
- fully stocked backpacks
- financial advice
- tutoring assistance
- safe shelter
- access to mental health programs
Every dollar you invest in your community through the United Way stays in Bruce-Grey to be reinvested back into the community where it is needed the most. With your generous support, you make our work possible.
Together, we can restore hope and change lives, moving individuals and families out of poverty and social exclusion to build a strong, healthy and safe community for everyone.
What People Are Saying
"I was so afraid, I didn't know what to do, and then I called the United Way and suddenly I could focus on my kids knowing that we would have heat."