VALLUM SOCIETY FOR EDUCATION IN ARTS & LETTERS
Registered Name: Vallum Society for Education in Arts & Letters
Business Number: 892515008RR0001
About This Charity
Vallum Society for Education in Arts & Letters (VSEAL) is a federally incorporated charity committed to the dissemination of literary and aesthetic education in Canada and internationally. VSEAL’s goal is to encourage and support poets, writers and artists at all stages of their career, while offering the public relevant tools for a better understanding and appreciation of contemporary poetry and literature.
The Work We Do
Vallum: Contemporary Poetry and the Vallum Chapbook Series are VSEAL’s primary publications. Vallum provides a forum for emerging artists to interact with more established figures, giving them exposure and the confidence to continue with their art. As a publication based in Montreal, Vallum encourages dialogue between Quebec and the rest of Canada; and as an international magazine, Vallum allows Canadian artists to exchange ideas with acclaimed artists from around the world. VSEAL's Chapbook Series aims to further this mission of recognizing and awarding new literary talent, while also helping to diversify the audiences of more established poets.
To fulfill VSEAL's goal of promoting literacy within Montreal and other Canadian communities, VSEAL created its Poetry for Our Future! program. Since its inception, VSEAL has engaged in a variety of workshops in underserved schools and organizations throughout Montreal and has been expanding its program to include other communities in need across Canada. Every year VSEAL's outreach program connects one-on-one with nearly 500 individuals to help develop their reading, writing, oral, and analytical skills. To date, VSEAL has leant a literary hand to over 5000 people in need!
Further Incentive to Donate
In order to secure Vallum Society for Education in Arts & Letters’ long-term sustainability, VSEAL is currently enrolled in the Quebec Government Mécénat Placements Culture program, administered by the Conseil des arts et lettres du Quebec. This program matches every donation made to VSEAL 3-to-1. From these matched donations, 70% are given directly to VSEAL by the Conseil des arts et lettres du Quebec after two years. The remaining 30%, to be endowed over a 10-year period at community Fondation du Grand Montréal, will then be given to VSEAL.
Find Out More About This Charity
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!