- To conduct a Film Festival for the purpose of educating and advancing the public’s understanding and appreciation of Latin American cinema;
- To provide a forum for the promotion and exhibition of Latin American cinema in Canada;
- To provide independent media artists with the opportunity to present and discuss their works with an engaged audience;
- To showcase the work of Latin-Canadian artists and filmmakers;
- To generate a network between the Canadian and Latin American film industries and forge an artistic alliance between the two;
- To promote cross-cultural understanding and enrich Canada’s multicultural landscape.
About Vancouver Latin American Film Festival
VLAFF is a not-for-profit cultural promoter that strives to entertain audiences, provide insight into Latin American social issues, and celebrate the rich traditions of this diverse region. This annual festival promotes dialogue between cultures and explores historical and social issues through the eyes of contemporary filmmakers.
Since 2003, VLAFF has continued to provide audiences with the unique opportunity of experiencing Latin American cinema in Vancouver and to support the work of independent filmmakers.