The Victoria Visual Arts Legacy Society is established as a facilitator of Visual Arts knowledge development and education in new and creative ways. The Foundation seeks to support students who choose to follow the innovative path of four Victoria Area Visual Arts educational institutions, and to influence people to financially support their creative scholarship, research and education.
Funds will benefit the following Visual Arts students (scholarships, bursaries) and Visual Arts institutions (student materials, student travel, institutional equipment) in Greater Victoria: Camosun College, University of Victoria, Vancouver Island School of Art, and Victoria College of Art - for the betterment of Canada and beyond.
The Society will make every effort to ensure that financial support is available for those who seek Visual Arts knowledge and education and that funds are available to assist those who wish to make contributions to this educational enterprise.
The Victoria Visual Arts Legacy Society exists to implement and make real these basic precepts by receipt of charitable donations and the receipt and management of artwork, goods and materials, and their distribution as scholarships and other types of awards that fall within its mandate.
About VICTORIA VISUAL ARTS LEGACY SOCIETY
The Victoria Visual Arts Society is committed to advancing the range of opportunities for education and scholarship in the Visual Arts in a focused and efficient manner. It will optimize benefits from charitable donations without dependence upon direct government funding.
The Foundation will operate at all times under the following Guiding Principles:
- Commitment to high ethical standards in the raising, management and distribution of funds, artwork, and materials received by the Foundation;
- Selection of appropriate and deserving scholarship and grant recipients;
- Evaluation and assessment of the impact of funds received and funds distributed;
- Clear and timely communications with all stakeholders;
- The Board of Directors recognizes the trust and responsibility inherent in serving as faithful stewards of the Society’s resources and donors’ legacies.