MISSION:Vines is a community/professional arts organization and festival that is responsive to and nurturing of artists that are working toward land, water, and relational justice. We support underrepresented voices in developing their work. We bring imagination into everyday spaces by presenting work for free on “earthstages” – populated and natural public spaces in Vancouver and throughout the province.
VISION:Art is created in relationship to the place and land it is presented on and has transformative power to change and heal the way we are together.
WHAT WE DO:
- Reconsider how performance is presented by creating on and with the land. Site specific: in architecture and story
- Enliven and disrupt populated public space with artistic offerings
- Community development
- Work in relation to land, people, place
- Build and foster a loving community based on reciprocity
- Utilize art as a method to work toward decolonization and address social issues in relationship to race, class, and gender
- Work towards accessible events that are cuturally diverse; inviting for disabled, gender non-conforming, and low income people; and for all ages.
- Remain nimble and responsive to our community by creating platforms that take care of artists rather than objects
- Lead with the WHY
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Transformative Experiences