Registered Name: VOLCANO NON-PROFIT PRODUCTIONS INC.
Business Number: 898194972RR0001
About This Charity
Volcano is an international award-winning theatre company based in Toronto. Using innovations in global and intercultural performance practice, Volcano seeks to create theatre that is stylistically and socially modern, a theatre that explores identity, politics, history, and the contemporary human condition. Volcano is both cosmopolitan and uniquely Canadian, bringing this country the latest in international theatre trends while touring Canadian artists and works around the world. Led by Artistic Director Ross Manson, Volcano has been a vital contributor to the independent theatre scene since 1994, and continues to question what it means to be a purveyor of outward-looking, rigorous Canadian theatre.
Major projects over the years include:
- A Synonym for Love, site-specific opera at The Gladstone Hotel
- White Rabbit, Red Rabbit, by Nassim Soleimanpour
- Another Africa/The Africa Trilogy, world premiere in 2010 at Luminato, Toronto Festival of Arts and Creativity.
- The Four Horsemen Project, created by Kate Alton and Ross Manson, with animator Bruce Alcock
- Goodness, by Michael Redhill
- Hedda Gabler, by Henrik Ibsen (adapted by Judith Thompson)
- The Arabian Night, by Roland Schimmelpfennig
- Variete, a vaudeville based on the music of Mauricio Kagel, with text by Heather McHugh.
- Weather, by Rebecca Hope Terry
- Two Words for Snow, by Richard Sanger
- Mortality, by Carol Shields, Tomson Highway, Paul Quarrington & Stephen Dobyns
- Building Jerusalem, by Michael Redhill
- Cherry Docs, by David Gow
- Lambton Kent, by Andre Alexis
- The Third Land, by Suzanne Fritz
The majority of Volcano's work has been original, Canadian, and experimental.
What People Are Saying
""One of those companies that every great theatre city needs - bold, experimental, and bubbling with ideas.""
— The Toronto Star
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!