We all benefit when volunteers get involved and care about people, places, and projects in communities.
Our mission is to inspire everyone to volunteer!
About Our Charity
Volunteer Victoria raises new generations of volunteers and positively shapes volunteer-led organizations and employer supported volunteering programs. As the only registered charity mandated to strengthen volunteerism across the entire Capital Region, we:
- Deliver on-time, specialized programs and services to individual volunteers
- Work with youth to engrain volunteerism as a life-long value
- Recruit volunteers of all ages and stages of life
- Train volunteer managers and help strengthen volunteer programs
- Design and deliver expert-led courses and professional development opportunities
- Provide governance services and training to volunteer-led boards
- Work with agencies and governments to address large-scale volunteer challenges
What People Are Saying
"For marginalized people, securing a volunteer position can be a challenge. The Access Program from Volunteer Victoria levels the playing field to a point where those-with-less can get a leg up in the community and demonstrate their suitability for gainful employment. These are all very good things!"
— Anawim House, Victoria BC
"Thank you very much for your support and help in this amazing area, :) your help and trust on me as a newcomer is overwhelming. Looking forward to have more opportunities to collaborate with you, I am really enjoying volunteering." "
— Carlos, a newcomer to Victoria