At the Waldorf Academy, we believe in:
- Creating an inspired learning environment
- Having a profound understanding of the whole child
- Fostering healthy relationships among the children, parents and teachers
- Attracting highly capable, dedicated and skilled teachers who have a passion for teaching
- Inspiring our students to evolve into creative thinkers who are personally centered and strongly connected to humanity and the environment
Founded in 1987 in downtown Toronto, we offer a dynamic environment from childcare through grade 8 that is rooted in a profound understanding of the whole child.
The Big Dig Capital Campaign (2015-2018)
Help us to transform the school's playground into an outdoor educational environment that will:
- Serve as an extension of the classroom
- Be a green sanctuary for students to be immersed in nature
- Encourage structured play, facilitated play, non-competitive play and open-ended play
- Support creative opportunities that embody the Waldorf philosophy
To learn more about the design and concepts behind Natural Playgrounds, visit our website: www.waldorfacademy.org.
Please dig deep to support the Big Dig with a tax receiptable donation. Simply click on the "donate now" button.
What People Are Saying
"Natural Playgrounds should be the standard for all our playgrounds. They truly connect children with nature through play and are a sort of classroom for the next generation of environmental stewards. "
— Dr. David Suzuki