Freedom’s Wings Canada provides people with disabilities the opportunity to fly.
Our program strives to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities by providing a physically and intellectually exciting and challenging introduction to flight.
The purpose of Freedom’s Wings Canada is to bring the world of soaring to disabled persons by:
* Exposing persons with disabilities to the soaring experience
* Teaching qualified persons with disabilities to soar
* Providing facilities for soaring to those persons with disabilities able to soar
* Providing training for instructors, ground crew, and flying students
* Providing a non-profit educational and fraternal organization
* Serving as a resource and model for other organizations with similar intent
About Our Charity
We are a consortium that was formed in 2003 to provide and administer a flight training program which will offer opportunities for persons of all physical abilities to experience the freedom of sailplane flying or soaring and to become educated in the operation and control of such aircraft, with a view to eventual certification where possible and practical.
The Board of Freedom’s Wings Canada is made up of 2 representatives of each of the following organizations; The York Soaring Association, Youth Flight Canada, K. W. Access-Ability and two representatives from the community of persons with a disability at large.