YouthLink is a youth mental health centre, accredited by the Canadian Centre of Accreditation. Founded in 1914 by the Big Sisters' Association of Metropolitan Toronto. Over the years, we have helped improved tens of thousands of youth and their families to get their lives on track to a better future.
We provide a wide range of services such as counselling, educational support, transitional support and residential services, proven to help youth and their families to achieve greater stability and build resiliency.
Our staff is professional and experienced and includes social workers, child and youth workers and youth peer educators. We empower youth and their family and works in partnership with school, community and other health professionals to help achieve their positive and rewarding future and improve their mental health and well-being.
YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth and we are dedicated to providing the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices.
About Our Charity
Our programs for youth 12-21 in Toronto are provided at no cost to the participant and include:
- Walk-In and ongoing counselling services for youth and families
- Pathways to Education program to support youth to achieve educational success
- Triple P positive parenting program and individual family support
- Programs to engage youth in Scarborough's high-needs neighbourhoods
- A full-time residence for young women
- Affordable co-op housing in four locations throughout Toronto
- Family support for youth with intellectual disabilities
An United Way member agency
Based on the unique needs of the community, we have identified the following area of support:
Wednesday Walk-In Counselling Service - Counselling youth to cope with depression, anxiety, stress, family conflict and other challenges to improve mental health and well-being.
Engaging youth in priority neighborhoods - Offering individual support to youth living in undeserved communities focusing on employment, housing, legal and educational services.
Your donation can make a difference! Please help us reach out to youth in need.