About Yukon Women's Transition Home Society
Women’s Transition Home, located in Whitehorse, Yukon, offers refuge for women and their children experiencing violence. Whatever your story, call us anytime, we are here, holding safety for you when and how you need us. Let this place be your refuge.
How we can help
We off the following services free of charge:
- Beds for women and their children
- Experienced staff 24 hours a day
- Support, advocacy, and referrals
- Accompaniment to appointments such as social assistance, legal and medical services
- Secure, wheelchair accessible buildings
- In-house programming
- Referral to services for pets
- Third Party Reporting for victims of sexualized assault
Second-stage apartments at social housing rates up to fair market value are available upon application.
Together we can create safer communities
Your donations make a difference to women and children who have experienced violence. It's amazing how one act of kindness and support can change lives. From all the staff at Women's Transition Home, the board and the residents, thank you!