YWTHS provides safe, confidential and non-judgemental support, advocacy and shelter to women, and their children, who are in crisis and/or experiencing and responding to violence or abuse.
We believe there is no excuse for violence against women or children.
About YUKON WOMEN'S TRANSITION HOME SOCIETY
YWTHS is a registered not-for-profit with charitable status. We operate Kaushee’s Place, a 15 bed emergency shelter for women (and their children) who have experienced violence. In addition, Kaushee’s Place contains 5 apartment units for longer-term second-stage housing and in the fall of 2013 opened an additional 10-unit Second Stage Housing complex, Betty’s Haven.
Our core services are:
• Shelter: safe, appropriate and accessible short and long term shelter for women and their children;
• Advocacy: individual advocacy, community advocacy, support for women and children to develop self-advocacy skills;
• Support: support the self determination of women through strategizing, safety planning, responding to in-person and crisis line requests;
• Expertise: contribute expertise to community action agendas and agencies
• Collaboration: communicate and work with other agencies and community partners