Charitable Gifts Terms and Conditions 2018
- General: Charitable Gift Guide Campaign Draw (the “Contest”) begins October 8, 2018 Newfoundland Daylight Time (NDT) at midnight and ends on November 9, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). The Contest is run by CanadaHelps Canadon (the “Sponsor”). For the purposes of the Contest, the “Contest Group” is composed of the Sponsor, together with each of its respective affiliates and related companies, including without limitation their parent, sister and subsidiary organizations, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Contest, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Contest and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives.
- Eligibility: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence.
- How To Enter: Eligible Charities will automatically receive one (1) entry for publicly launching one or more CanadaHelps Campaign Page(s) with the Charitable Gift Ideas campaign type no later than November 9, 2018 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time. For clarity, to be eligible, the charity Campaign Pages must: (1) at a minimum, include a Main Campaign Image and About Text, (2) have “Charitable Gift Ideas: $25 or less”, or “Charitable Gift Ideas: $26 to $100”, or “Charitable Gift Ideas $101 to $250” as the page’s selected Campaign Type, (3) be in support of a specific fundraising program or need your charity is working to address, (4) be made visible on the campaign-browsing of CanadaHelps.org for donors to discover, and (5) have a campaign end date that is later than January 1, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
- How To Win: On November 12, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. ET at 403 – 355 Adelaide Street West, Ground Floor, Toronto, ON, M5V 1S2, Sponsor will randomly select five (5) Entries received during the Contest Period as eligible to win a prize (“Selected Entrant”). Odds of being selected as eligible to win a prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
- Prize Claim Conditions: The Selected Entrant will be notified at the telephone number or e-mail address registered with CanadaHelps.org within approximately forty-eight (48) hours of the draw. In order to be declared a winner, Selected Entrant must: (i) respond to notification of selection within three (3) business days of first attempt by Sponsor; (ii) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email at a mutually convenient time; (iii) sign and return to Sponsor within the stated time period a written declaration and release form, releasing the Contest Group from any liability in connection with this Contest or the use or misuse or possession of any prize (the “Release”); and, (iv) otherwise comply with these Official Contest Rules.Return of any prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach Selected Entrant, failure of Selected Entrant to respond to notification by the deadline, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), the Release, or other required documentation in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and, at Sponsor’ sole discretion, selection of an alternate Selected Entrant for the forfeited prize in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
- Prizes: There are five (5) prizes available to be won consisting of five (5) $100 donations to winning charitable organizations provided by the Sponsor. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any other taxes, costs or expenses associated with the prizes not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winners.
- Right to Void / Terminate / Suspend /Modify: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor’ sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Contest Rules; and/or (c) award the Prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
- General Conditions: Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Decisions of Sponsor and/or any independent contest judging organization will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Sponsor reserve the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Contest Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Contest Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest and/or Contest Website, violates the Official Contest Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitations of Liability and Releases:BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE CONTEST GROUP HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM A PRIZE, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR THE MERCHANDISE FOR WHICH IT IS REDEEMED. FURTHER BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT CONTEST GROUP HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest Group shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by Contest Website users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest judging organization or Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest; (h) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (i) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.