Bethlehem, a member congregation of Lutheran Church-Canada, is committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, proclaimed in Word and Sacrament.
Our mission is to make disciples and minister to our members, the surrounding community, and the world. Welcome in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are happy to have our guests and invite you to worship with us anytime.
About BETHLEHEM LUTHERAN CHURCH
Established in February 1938, Bethlehem Lutheran Church (BLC) started with Sunday school classes held in a deserted store on 66th Street and 120th Avenue in 1928.In the fall of 1932, English and German church services were conducted and it quickly became apparent that a permanent home was required.
The first BLC was built on the corner of 65th Street and 119th Avenue in 1934 and in 1951 a second church was built on the corner of 59th Street and 118th Avenue. In 1961 the current property was purchased and the new building was dedicated in 1963.In 1996 -1997 a new sanctuary was added.
BLC has been blessed by the service of more than 15 Lutheran Pastors,numerous teachers and laypeople over the years. BLC has a close relationship with Concordia Seminary and Concordia University College of Alberta. Bethlehem Preschool, Sunday School, Bible studies, Lutheran Women’s Missionary League and Vacation Bible School are just a few of the events/activities that call BLC their home.