To build a strong, sustainable and more connected community by promoting educational, cultural and social programs for the diverse Montreal community.
About Atwater Library and Computer Centre
The Atwater Library and Computer Centre operates a vibrant community hub for Montreal-area learning and cultural activities, attracting over 100,000 user visits a year.
Unlike public libraries, we receive little government funding for operations (only 11% of our lean budget). We depend on volunteers and private donors to run our many community programs and to maintain our beautiful heritage building.
We welcome everyone and are pleased to serve a great diversity, including many with disadvantages. Our clients include:
- young people creating digital media and developing leadership skills
- new arrivals to Canada using the Internet
- job seekers and seniors taking computer courses
- adults borrowing books and DVDs
- groups attending lectures, discussions, poetry readings and concerts
- people with memory loss and their loved ones getting together at our Alzheimer Café
- community and cultural groups renting our rooms.