OUR MISSION Resolution of the board... The cemetery shall function without purpose of gain for its members and any profits or gain to the organization shall be used in promoting its purpose of operating a public cemetery.
The Aylmer Cemetery is licensed to act as a Cemetery in accordance with the Cemeteries Act, R.S.O., 1990. It is run by a board of volunteers, originally consisting of 4 members and a secretery, and growing to 6 members and a secretery. The board meets at least twice a month to discuss issues of importance. The goal of the Board is to provide and maintain an efficient, economically and sustainable resting place for our plotholders, and it is their sincere hope that, through cooperation and goodwill, they can keep the cemetery as beautiful as it is for the foreseeable future. In accordance with these goals, the cemetery operates with revenue generated from the sale of graves, interments, monuments, as well as the occasional donation. 40% of all revenue from the sale of burial sites is deposited into the Perpetual Care Fund (PCF). The remaining 60%, as well as interest from the PCF, are used to help operate the cemetery.