To provide education and support on lupus and lupus-related issues and enable research to improve quality of life.
We will educate, empower and improve outcomes for people affected by lupus.
About Our Charity:
The Lupus Society of Alberta is a non-profit organization formed to provide education and support for lupus patients, their families and friends. Funds are raised to further lupus research, promote public awareness and provide education to the community at large.
The Lupus Society of Alberta was registered as a society in 1973 and has the distinction of being one of the first lupus organizations in the world.
- One-on-one telephone peer/crisis support
- One-on-one in-person support
- Public awareness initiatives
- Education programs such as the Lupus Lending Library; an annual print Lupus Courier Newsletter; regular publications of an E-Courier newsletter; distributions of information packages; Education Days
- Assisting people in their efforts to influence public policy and resource allocation
- Promotion of lupus research activities