Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders is committed to working with families and partners to ensure that all children will have access to a continuum of speech and language services to support their successful participation at home, in school and in the community by:
- advocating on behalf of families with children with Communicaiton Disorders
- increasing public awareness of communication disorders
- providing families with information, resources and support through our provinical office, our website, local chapters and community events
- working in partnership with community agencies
- consulting with government and provincial organizations
About Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders (OAFCCD)
This organization was founded and legally incorporated in 1994 by a small group of parents and professionals who were concerned about the lack of a provincial voice for children with speech and language disorders. Since the first meeting in April 1994 a provincial Board of Directors has been established, chapters have been started across the province and the organization has continued to grow.