The aim of Ottawa-Carleton Lifeskills (OCL) is to provide individuals who are developmentally disabled with encouragement, opportunities and experiences in friendly, supportive environments that will promote self development and foster inter-dependent relationships with other members of the community.
About Ottawa-Carleton Lifeskills Inc.
Our philosophy of care is that those we support have the same fundamental rights as all Canadian citizens and these rights are to be respected and protected. These rights include:
- To enjoy the same freedoms as any Canadian Citizen.
- To communicate and to be heard without limitations.
- To live as independently, as actively and as full a life as possible.
- To be respected and accepted and be allowed to grow and mature as an individual.
- To have adequate clothing, shelter and food as well as other basic necessities of life.
- To have access to all available physical and mental health care resources required.
- To be free from mental or physical abuse.
- To develop and strengthen self-esteem.
- To safety and security.
- To privacy.