Partnering Communities Across Cultures For Good
About PARTNERS IN DEED SOCIETY OF ALBERTA
To facilitate long-term partnerships between Canadian communities and disadvantaged world communities for their mutual transformation.
Communities include churches, schools, universities, health teams and others who are partnering with Maria Auxiliadora and Soto communities in the central region of the Dominican Republic.
Current projects that are being funded by PID:
1.1 TEARS School: K to Grade 12 children from impoverished barrio of Maria Auxiliadora barrio in support of teachers, learning resources and school maintenance.
1.2 Health and Wellness Center: Community health needs assessment and construction.
2. Tutor Center: For Haitian children in Soto community to help improve their Spanish language skills.
3. Health Programs: Community health programs, school health clinics
4. El Camino Church: Support for church in Maria Auxiliadora and their community programs (e.g. food bank)
5. Soto Church: Support for church in Soto community and their community programs (e.g. refugees, meals)
6. Post-secondary Scholarships and Teacher Training.
7. General where most needed.