Partnering Communities Across Cultures For Good
About PARTNERS IN DEED SOCIETY OF ALBERTA
To facilitate long-term partnerships between Canadian communities and disadvantaged world communities for their mutual transformation.
Communities include churches, schools, universities, health teams and others who are partnering with Maria Auxiliadora and Soto communities in the central region of the Dominican Republic.
Current projects that are being funded by PID:
0. General (Where most needed).
1.1 Education: K to Grade 12 children from impoverished barrio of Maria Auxiliadora barrio in support of teachers, learning resources and school maintenance.
3. TEARS Emergency Relief Fund -During Covid-19 pandemic, funding will provide food, clean water, basic health supplies and medical treatment.
4. Community Development: Support for church in Maria Auxiliadora and their community programs (e.g. food bank) and Soto Community for refugees assistance and meals.
5. Tutor Center: For Haitian children in Soto community to help improve their Spanish language skills.
6. Post-secondary Scholarships and Teacher Training.
7. Dental and Wellness Center: Student and family dental and wellness services.