Literacy opens doors
Our mission is to advance literacy for the people of Prince Edward Island.
Our vision is that all Islanders are able to participate fully in family, work, and community.
We exist to:
- decrease gaps and overlaps in literacy services to adult learners and their families
- reduce barriers to people with low literacy levels
- inform Islanders about the personal costs of low literacy on economic, cultural, political and social aspects of life
- promote a culture where literacy is valued and celebrated across PEI
- Learning is lifelong.
- Literacy is a right.
- Literacy and learning opens doors.
We believe that building a culture of literacy and learning supports all Islanders to reach their full potential and make PEI a great place to live.