The Penticton Academy of Music Society is a charitable non-profit organization that was formed in 1994 with the mission “to provide music education to students of all ages and circumstances through outstanding faculty in an environment that stimulates music excellence, enriching the community at large.”
About the Penticton Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts
The Penticton Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts (PAMDA) serves the population of Penticton and the surrounding South Okanagan of British Columbia.
At PAMDA we believe that arts are essential to the human spirit and that music education should be made available to people of all ages and circumstance.
How does the Academy ensure that people have the opportunity to experience music and dramatic arts education?
- We ensure quality teaching. Potential faculty go through an interview and selection process before joining the Academy, as well as a criminal record check.
- We make music accessible through our Student Bursary Program and affordable instrument loans.
- We ensure choice. We recruit music teachers to the area based on need.
- We offer group classes. An important element of music education is learning to play with others.
- We offer enriching opportunities for students, including monthly recitals, worksho