Charity logo

Powassan Agricultural Society

Dénomination enregistrée : POWASSAN AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY

Numéro d'entreprise : 896102886RR0001

Powassan Agricultural Society

À propos

The Society was first called South Himsworth (1895-1903), the North Parry Sound (1904-1906) and in 1907 became what it is today-The Powassan Agricultural Society.

The Society was first incorporated in 1895; the first fair was held on the boardwalk in front of what was the Powassan Junior Public School. There were 28 exhibitors and the gate receipts were $70.00. The government grant at the time was only $71.00. One exhibitor showed a pair of bantam hens and received a prize bag of carrots. The present location of the Society was purchased from William F. Clark in the 1900’s. In 1938, O.W. Thompson Co. donated a large building that was used by this company to store their annual harvest of fox pelts. This became the new exhibition building, which is still used for that purpose today. The fall fair is held each year on the Labour Day weekend and draw crowds from all over the District to view displays of crafts, baking, needlework, flowers and vegetables.

The Powassan Agricultural Society is located in Powassan, Ontario.

Fairs are living reflections of the life & times around them, rooted in agriculture & volunteer-driven. They hold deep cultural, traditional & emotional connections to the people of their local area & define a sense of community that grows social capital & quality of life


BOX 147


Visitez notre site Web